Certain microfilm reels (and machines) are available to everyone, regardless of library membership, by visiting the Central Library. Microfilm collections include:
- an almost-complete run of back issues of the Kingston Whig-Standard and its predecessors (e.g. British Whig, Kingston Chronicle & Gazette, etc.) from 1810 - present.
- some back issues of the Globe and Mail and National Post newspapers.
- some census records for Kingston and Frontenac County.
- some city directories and telephone directories for Kingston.
If you wish to view the microfilm reels, please ask at the Information Desk.
Members of Kingston Frontenac Public Library are welcome to order books and microfilms through our interlibrary loan service.
To place a microfilm request, please call or visit your local KFPL branch, or contact us through the Ask a Librarian link above.
Please include the title and reel number of the microfilm you wish to order. Here's how to find the title and reel number for:
- Civil Registrations (e.g. birth, marriage or death records)
- Census Records
If you're not a KFPL member, click to read more about in-library use.