- before 1788 - see the descriptions and links on the Ontario GenWeb site for Frontenac County
- 1788 - 1849 - the area was called Mecklenburg District, then Midland District. Learn more on the Archives of Ontario website.
- 1849 - 1998 - Frontenac County was comprised of eighteen townships, of which Portland Township was one.
- 1998 - present - Portland Township was amalgamated into the Township of South Frontenac in Frontenac County.
Towns and Villages
- Bellrock - formerly Depot Village
- Depot Village - now called Bellrock
- Harrowsmith - formerly Spike’s Corners
- Hartington * (KFPL Library Branch)
- Martin’s Mills
- Spike’s Corners - now called Harrowsmith
It is a five-volume set of books, blue-grey in colour. Each volume contains transcriptions of various cemeteries, produced by the Kingston Branch of the Ontario Genealogical Society. The individual transcriptions are available for purchase on the publications page of the OGS-Kingston Branch website.