- before 1788 - see the descriptions and links on the Ontario GenWeb site for Frontenac County
- 1788 - 1849 - the area was called Mecklenburg District, then Midland District. Learn more on the Archives of Ontario website.
- 1849 - 1998 - Frontenac County was comprised of eighteen townships, of which Pittsburgh Township was one.
- 1998 - present - Pittsburgh Township was amalgamated into the Township of South Frontenac in Frontenac County.
Towns and Villages
- Ballantyne Station
- Brewers Mills
- Findley Station
- Franklin’s Settlement
- Middle Road
- Pine Hill
- Pitts Ferry
This series are collections of talks given to the Pittsburgh Historical Society (Pittsburgh Township, Frontenac County) in various years. Some copies are available at KFPL, others at Queen's University Library.
It is a five-volume set of books, blue-grey in colour. Each volume contains transcriptions of various cemeteries, produced by the Kingston Branch of the Ontario Genealogical Society. The individual transcriptions are available for purchase on the publications page of the OGS-Kingston Branch website.