Try the resources linked below for each of the following dates:
- pre-1869: Try Guide to Church Records to find more information
- 1869 – 1912: FamilySearch
- 1912 – 1917: Archives of Ontario: Birth Records
- 1918: Closed for microfilming
- 1919 – present: Registrar General's Online Certificate Application
Apply for birth (1916 - present), marriage (1931 - present) or death (1941 - present) records through the Registrar General's Online Certificate Application website.
In May 2015, the Archives of Ontario signed a licencing agreement with FamilySearch. This extended by several years the date range of the Ontario civil registrations available online. The microfilm reels containing these records will continue to be available in the Archives of Ontario Reading Room and via Interlibrary Loan.