- before 1788 - see the descriptions and links on the Ontario GenWeb site for Frontenac County
- 1788 - 1849 - the area was called Mecklenburg District, then Midland District. Learn more on the Archives of Ontario website.
- 1849 - 1998 - Frontenac County was comprised of eighteen townships, of which South Canonto Township was one.
- 1998 - present - South Canonto Township was amalgamated into the Township of North Frontenac in Frontenac County.
Towns and Villages
- South Clyde
Another name for the church is Mizpah United Church