- before 1788 - see the Ontario GenWeb Project website for Frontenac County, linked below, for more information.
- 1788 - 1849 - the area was called Mecklenburg District, then Midland District.
- 1849 - 1998 - Frontenac County was comprised of eighteen townships, of which Barrie Township was one.
- 1998 - present - Barrie Township was amalgamated into the Township of North Frontenac in Frontenac County.
Towns and Villages
- Bishop Corners - formerly Bishop’s Corners
- Bishop’s Corners - now called Bishop Corners
- Bon Echo - formerly Massanga
- Cloyne * (KFPL Library Branch)
- Massanga - now called Bon Echo
- Myer Cave
- Abandoned Cemetery at Cloyne
- Dempsey Cemetery
- Harlowe Cemetery
- St. Mark's Anglican Cemetery